- child entity
- An entity that references another entity via relationship. The “many” in a one-to-many relationship.
- Equivalent to a table in relational database. Represented by the
- A collection of entities and the relationships between them. Represented by the
- A transformation of data used for machine learning. featuretools has a custom language for defining features as described here. All features are represented by subclasses of
- feature engineering
- The process of transforming data into representations that are better for machine learning.
- Equivalent to a row in a relational database. Each entity has many instances, and each instance has a value for each variable and feature defined on the entity.
- parent entity
- An entity that is referenced by another entity via relationship. The “one” in a one-to-many relationship.
- A mapping between a parent entity and a child entity. The child entity must contain a variable referencing the ID variable on the parent entity. Represented by the
- target entity
- The entity on which we will be making a features for.
- Equivalent to a column in a relational database. Represented by the